24-Hour Medical Staffing Services, LLC is hiring experienced Facility Cook for one of our clients in San Bernardino, CA .
Specialty: Facility Cook
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Date: A S A P
Pay Rate: $18.75 per hour
Shift: Varied shift and days
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following duties while others may be assigned:
- Communicate on a regular basis and report directly to the Facility Administrator and Facility Manager, and make recommendations to improve the kitchen, food preparation/cooking/delivery and clean-up system.
- Complete food requisitions in a timely manner and ensure that dry and perishable food deliveries are properly stored - prepared/cooked and served – according to posted menus and daily schedule to meet daily nutritional requirements according to regulations set out and defined in Title 22 of the State Department of Social Services, CCL for adult residential facilities.
- Visually inspect food deliveries for freshness and sealed containers - and return unusable foods whenever appropriate. Store foods in pantry so that dates are rotated, and label all meats to be frozen by labeling with date of receipt. Keep excellent records of all food requisitions - and make sure that all supplies of foods, both perishable and dry, meet Title 22 CCL requirements.
- Make sure that the entire kitchen, counter tops, sinks, equipment and cooking equipment, utensils and floors are thoroughly cleaned after each meal has been prepared/cooked and served - and that dishes and glasses are washed in temperatures that meet Title 22 CCL regulations.
- Notify Facility Administrator and maintenance personnel when kitchen equipment malfunctions or deteriorates and needs to be repaired or replaced and such personnel when any regular or emergency plumbing and/or maintenance repairs are needed.
- Make sure that the janitor keeps the dining area clean and in excellent condition at all times, and immediately report any needed repairs to chairs, tables and flooring.
- Contract out for food services and deliveries with vendors who make deliveries on time, who deliver the freshest foods at the most reasonable rates, and conduct themselves in a safe, courteous manner.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school education preferred but not required. Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and write using the English language, and to complete food requisitions and keep excellent records.
- 24-Hour Medical Staffing Services provides professional liability and workers compensation coverage
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Ask us about our referral program, and you could make up to $500 or more!
If you’re interested, please: Apply with your Resume/Application