MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a registered Radiology Technologist in an acute care facility.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
• Graduate from a certified school of Radiologic Technology.
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
• Active California Radiology Technologist (CRT) license along with fluoro license required
• Active American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) license required
• RCIS preferred
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Cardiovascular Anatomy and Physiology knowledge.
• Attention to detail, high level of accuracy.
• Use of radiologic equipment.
• Extensive knowledge in the use of an auto injector.
• Competent at table side scrub in with a Cardiologist on various cath lab procedures.
• Understands the use of an IVUS machine.
• Solid understanding of English, grammar, and punctuation.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment on a regular basis.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and to foster teamwork among fellow staff members.
• Documentation is correct and complete.
• All supplies are ordered promptly
• All billing is done promptly and correctly.
• Takes call as needed to assure appropriate departmental staff coverage.
• Attends department meetings as per policy.
• Provides input to Director/Manager regarding process flow, supply and departmental needs.
• Assists by answering phones when in the department.
• Other duties as assigned by the department Director/Manager/Lead.
• Maintains a positive relationship with the Medical Staff and identifies opportunities to improve service relation
• Maintains Policies and Procedures that mirror current practices as well as the community standard.
• Implements policies, procedures, and practices that increase physician satisfaction with the service
• Maintains all required certifications.
• Completes required annual clinical competencies.
• Demonstrates/verbalizes proper procedural steps and work flow for Special Procedures and Cath Lab Departments at each campus.
• Demonstrates competency in Specials/Cath Lab procedures requiring in-depth technical expertise and knowledge of: anatomy and physiology, instrumentation, supplies, and equipment.
• Anticipates Radiologists’ and Cardiologists’ needs.
• Demonstrates knowledge and performance of procedures utilizing sterile technique.
• Demonstrates ability to communicate appropriately to facilitate patient care delivery and unit efficiency.
• Anticipates instrumentation/equipment for a wide range of simple and complex procedures.
a. Selects appropriate instrumentation, catheters, and supplies consistent with Radiologist's /Cardiologist’s preference.
b. Sterile environment is set up and organized prior to patient's arrival into room.
c. Utilizes clean and aseptic technique.
• Assists in transportation and positioning of patients.
• Archives all stored tests on appropriate storage media.
• Active participation in the time out process.
• Other duties as assigned by department Lead or Director/Manager.
• Actively participates in department Performance Improvement activities.
• Participates, when asked in the gathering and analysis of Performance Improvement data.
• Assures departmental compliance with all mandated state and federal regulations/laws as mandated by all regulatory bodies.
• Knowledge of and adherence to National Patient Safety Goals.
• Knowledge of and adherence to all Infection Control Practices and Policies.
• Perform any other related duties as requested.