Director of Nursing - Direct Hire
Work Location: Nebraska
Salary: Min & Mid: $112k-$140k/year
Pay will be dependent on experience
Negotiable relocation and sign-on can be discussed
Type of Assignment: Direct Hire/Permanent Placement
We are actively seeking a Director of Nursing to lead our Women’s and Children’s Services division.
The areas of responsibility would include an 18-bed Pediatrics and Women’s Health unit, 30 bed NICU, 15 bed Labor and Delivery, and 32 beds dedicated to Mother/Baby.
The Nursing Director would also be accountable for the comprehensive administration of key functions, roles, systems and processes for Women’s and Children’s Services.
Essential job duties include:
- Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- Functions as Director for areas of responsibility ensuring alignment with the provision of patient care.
- Assures that clinical staff resources and assignments are consistent with meeting patient care needs.
- Activates resources and integrates nursing services with other departments to foster patient-centered care.
- Assures consistency in interpretation and application of the care delivery model, mission, vision and beliefs of the organization.
- Develops capital and operating budgets with input from managers for areas of responsibility in accordance with budget timetables.
- Works with managers and staff to assure expenses are within budget parameters for areas of responsibility; reviews and analyzes budget and other management reports and takes action as needed to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Reviews and analyzes budget and other management reports and takes action as needed to ensure effective and efficient operations for areas of responsibility.
- Develops and sustains standards of care and practices which are consistent with current trends for existing programs/services.
- Resolves clinical concerns by patients, families, and physicians; promotes medical staff relationships.
- Current Registered Nurse license from the State of Nebraska or approved a compact state of residence as defined by the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act required.
- Masters degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration or related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive experience in a clinical position related to the area of assignment required. Minimum of three (3) years experience in management or supervisory role required.
- Prior experience with EPIC electronic medical record system within the past 5 years preferred.