Senior Software Engineer – Web API Developer
Company is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
- Looking for a senior software engineer to join our expanding company as a full-time employee. This position provides an exciting opportunity to join a global securities and commodities business leader and top US broker-dealer. Interactive Brokers offers competitive salary and benefits including bonuses and stock incentive plan.
The successful candidate will help design, develop and maintain our Web API platform which currently provides 3rd Parties, clients and IB’s customer facing applications access to highly critical real-time services required for day to day operations. As one of the first members of the Web API team you will help shape the future of the platform with various opportunities to grow.
- Work with business and internal teams adding new features and interfaces as required.
- Write documentation, unit and regression tests for new interfaces.
- Write backend services and/or clients that will help expose internal services.
- Provide 3rd Level support.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, or a related degree.
- 5+ years’ experience with Java
- Experience with real-time and large scale systems.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Good English verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with TCP/IP and handling of different binary and ASCII based protocols. FIX a plus.
- Previous experience designing, coding an API (REST/FIX) infrastructures a plus.
- Experience with Vert.x, Wildfly, Kafka a plus.
- Experience with financial markets a plus.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL a plus.