The Senior Network Security Engineer role is responsible for ensuring the availability and efficient operations of network related security infrastructure worldwide.
Technologies include next-generation firewalls, web application firewalls, proxies, advanced malware prevention, data loss prevention, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
Daily tasks consist of but not limited to change and configuration management of firewall policies, Tier III-IV troubleshooting, patching, capacity management and system upgrades to network security infrastructure. This position will also participate in Cyber Security Incident Response activities. Role reports to the Security Operations Manager.
Security Operations is a crucial role within MMC. Technical expertise combined with positive, collaborative, can do attitudes are required to make this team successful.
Travel: Less than 5%.
Work from Home: 20-50%
- Bachelor's Degree in a related area, preferred
- 5+ years of advanced network security experience within large-scale global operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills relating to security operations technologies.
- Security infrastructure experience pertaining to Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Proxies, Enterprise Log Management, Load-Balancers, WAFs, VPN, DLP, Forensic Analysis, and SIEM
- Excellent verbal, written and collaborative interpersonal communication skills
- Expertise knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols and with collecting and evaluating HTTPS & TCP/IP dumps using Wireshark, HTTPWatch, tcpdump, Fiddler, and similar tools
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux CLI.
- Strong working knowledge of Bluecoat Proxy with certification as a Blue Coat ProxySG Administrator.
- FireEye HX & NX experience and certifications.
- F5 Application Security Manager (ASM) expertise & Exam 303-BIG-IP ASM Specialist.
- Cisco ASA & Firepower with CCNA CyberOps, CCNA Security, and/or CCNP Security certifications.
- Experience operating within AWS and Azure environments.
- Strong working knowledge of Palo Alto firewall products with certification as a Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Engineer (PCNSE).
- SANS/GIAC certifications
Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. A leader in insurance broking and risk management;