BUILDING INSPECTOR - ESSENTIAL DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Perform housing unit inspections for participation in the Section 8 programs for compliance with all building and construction codes and HQS regulations.
· Record and report all deficiencies including any health and safety issues.
· Notifies landlords of conditions of property with a detailed list of inspection failures.
· Maintain inspection records.
· Perform clerical and administrative duties including data entry, preparing and processing various documents, and maintaining files.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Maintain files, records, and reports regarding inspections and plan check activities and findings.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Education and experience equivalent to an associate degree.
· One (1) year of work-related experience.
· Must possess a valid TX driver’s license, with a good driving record.
· Principles and techniques of building inspections and plans examining work.
· Ability to interpret and apply pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
· Ability to read and interpret complex building plans, specifications and building codes.
· Ability to determine if construction systems to conform to City Code requirements.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Skills and ability to interpret and communicate to others zoning laws, building codes, and other related codes.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other city employees, state and local government agencies, contractors, builders, and the general public.
· Ability to apply technical knowledge and follow proper inspection techniques to examine workmanship and materials and detect deviations from plans, regulations and standard construction practices.