General Laborer - Scaffolding
Essential Duties will Include:
- Utilize hand tools and power tools to help scaffold builders erect and dismantle scaffolds.
- Modify scaffolds for an easier access to other contractors.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
- Perform a variety of functions such as: dig, minor demolition with power tools and hand tools.
- Load and unload materials.
- Lift, carry, and hold building material, tools, and supplies and deliver each to the appropriate location as needed to complete the task at hand.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Provide assistance on the site as needed.
- Cleans tools, equipment, materials, and work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Foreman and/or Superintendent.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with materials and methods used in construction.
- Ability to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Ability to understand instructions and work specifications.
- Must be knowledgeable of safety procedures and practices.
- Must be accustomed to working outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs and
- moving the whole body such as: climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling,
- bending, and handling of materials, equipment, and tools
- Must wear appropriate safety equipment as required by the company
- Must hold a valid driver’s license or government issued identification card
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and E-Verify.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. per the Immigration Act of 1986.
- Ability to pass: A background investigation and a pre-employment drug test.