At 12traits we believe the path to a better future lies in unlocking the true potential of humankind. We do this through harmonizing human behavior data with psychological trait sets, leveraging a multitude of scientifically valid data perspectives that allow us to understand human beings more deeply and sustainably than ever before: ushering in a new era of personalized experiences, starting in gaming, optimized for human potential and health.
Elevating the human experience is at the core of everything we do. That core is communicated through design and our fundamental passion for creating next level user experiences. As a visual designer, you’ll work closely with UX design and research to weave graphic design, iconography, typography, color, space and texture together in a way that is awe-inspiring and smile inducing.
We believe that helping companies to optimize experiences to be more human-centered should also be beautiful, delightful, and highly useable for them too. Leveraging human-centered and visual design principles, you’ll be the creative spark that translates the functionality and utility of our product into aesthetic magic.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DRIVE
- Lead the visual and UI design efforts at 12traits for our dashboard, consumer app, web, and marketing efforts by working closely with UX, translating wireframes, leveraging UX assets, and collaborating with UX research
- Define the design language of our products with UX, ensuring that they fit both into the overall 12traits language, while also working effectively in a challenging and technical environment (with minimal supervision)
- Raise the bar for product quality across our experiences by keeping a constant pulse on user and business needs, investments in last-mile refinement and polish, and design changes with user research
- Produce creative assets in support of all site, app, and marketing initiatives while also being happy to get your hands dirty with email campaigns, display advertising, or any other creative needs as they may come
- Translate business and user needs into creative that is clear, compelling, visually stunning, intuitive, and emotionally engaging.
- Creating style guides as well as the overall look and feel of the 12traits brand while also being its shepherd and ensuring consistency across experiences
- Help maintain creative asset library, and assist in supporting evolving brand design standards
- Identify improvements to design processes and contribute to cause analysis, with a focus on elimination of waste, defect reduction, quality enhancement. Help drive the implementation of new design processes to support business initiatives.
- Regularly communicate to internal/external stakeholders with a data driven approach/design rationale, (resolve issues with minimal guidance).
- Push UX/UI boundaries: explore the latest emerging trends through independent research and test in day-to-day design hypotheses as appropriate given scope.
- Drive awareness: advocate the importance of the user’s needs. This is an experience first, human-centered company. Make sure that user feedback and data-driven decisions are always a part of the end-to-end experience
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE
- Super passionate about user-centered design and a deep fascination for understanding the human experience
- Proficient in app, web interface, and graphic design
- The ability to distill complex information, strategies, and experiences
- Lateral as well as analytical thinker that is detail oriented and has an eye for better-than-good design
- Adept at translating business and user requirements as well as goals into design frameworks
- Continuously learning with a healthy dose of curiosity and a strong bias for action in an environment that can have ambiguity and uncertainty at times - you’re constantly seeking opportunities to experiment, fail fast, optimize workflows and foster open communication
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - proactive and straightforward.
- Independent, organized yet flexible, and able to prioritize effectively without losing sight of the big picture
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc)
- At least 3 years of experience as a graphic designer, interaction designer, production artist, or similar role
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating incredible design solutions
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT
- Excellent understanding of common UI patterns as they relate to engagement and monetization in the mobile space
- You really know how to get the big picture, take numerous tasks and break them down based on user and business needs and then prioritize your time independently
- You love all things design and can show both breadth and depth in your portfolio of different design fields especially both in then graphic design and UI design arenas
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
- The opportunity to shape a ground-breaking and important idea from the early days
- A high level of ambition combined with a clear vision
- Highly motivated and experienced team with the relevant domain expertise and networks
- A competitive compensation package with a significant equity share
- Support for training and personal development
- The opportunity to work in an international team in the US and Europe