We are looking for an experienced Java Software Engineer to help drive the development and implementation of our Graph Machine Learning technologies. In this role you will provide Software Engineering expertise and mentoring for the AI & Machine Learning team.
This is an opportunity to develop applications and tools to enable Neo4j users to easily and quickly perform graph-native Analytics and Machine Learning. You will work on difficult problems at the cutting edge of machine learning, applied graph theory, and big data analytics. You will work on a product that will go directly into the hands of our Fortune 100 customers who are already using Neo4j to identify financial crimes, perform real-time recommendation, and power knowledge graph applications.
You will be part of the AI & Machine Learning team which includes software engineers, data scientists, and product management. You will work closely with other teams in Neo4j such as the Database Kernel team and the UX Design team to develop the Neo4j Graph Compute Engine and analytics applications as part of the Neo4j Graph ecosystem.
Be responsible for quality of Neo4j’s Graph Compute Engine and make it accessible to many more users
- Write high-performance Java code with a strong focus on testability, efficiency, and scalability
- Apply graph theory to solve difficult and interesting challenges along with our data scientists
- Collaborate with software engineers from other teams in Neo4j to develop APIs, benchmarks, and test
- Identify and integrate new areas of research and modeling that can solve our customers’ most difficult problems
- Have 3+ years professional experience writing software
Ideally, you should have:
Experience mentoring other software engineers and explaining software engineering principles to specialists from other fields
- Experience with Machine Learning or OLAP in a mission-critical environment
- Familiarity with at least one of these areas: linear algebra, graph theory or statistics and probability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or another related field
- 5+ years professional experience writing software
Nice to have:
Experience with Cypher and Neo4j
- Experience with polyglot runtimes (e.g. Graal)
- Experience with Deep Learning
- Worked on an Open Source or Open Core software project
- Familiarity with Spark or other Big Data technologies (Hadoop ecosystem, Kafka, etc)
- Knowledge of Python and the tools in the Python Data Science ecosystem
Many of our teams are spread over two or more locations so you should be comfortable working as part of a distributed team.
At Neo4j we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships between people, processes, locations and systems. We created, drive and are at the forefront of innovation in the Graph Database category; and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
We are here to stay:
Neo4j is well-funded with a recent series E round of $80M, led by Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital, and One Peak Partners. Creandum, the earliest investor in Spotify, is a long-term Neo4j investor.
We have over 300 customers including Airbus, Comcast, eBay, NASA, UBS, and Walmart; more than 75% of the Fortune 100 have used Neo4j.