Java Software Engineer - Graph Analytics
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help drive the development and implementation of our Graph Analytics platform. In this role you will work directly with our data scientists and our core engineering team to further enhance and develop this platform, building on its industry-leading features and performance. This is an opportunity to work on designing and building production-grade solutions for difficult problems at the cutting edge of machine learning, applied graph theory, and big data analytics. You will work on products that will go directly into the hands of our Fortune 100 customers who are already using Neo4j to identify financial crimes, perform real-time recommendation, and power knowledge graph applications.
- Improve Neo4j’s Graph Analytics platform and make its power accessible to many more users
- Write high-performance Java and Scala code with a strong focus on testability, efficiency, and scalability
- Apply graph theory to solve difficult and interesting technical challenges
- Collaborate with software engineers from other teams in Neo4j to develop APIs, benchmarks, and tests
- Identify and integrate new areas of research and modeling that can solve our customers’ most difficult problems
- Have 3+ years of professional experience writing production-level software
Ideally, you should have:
- Experience in building performance-focused Java applications, e.g. database technology or algorithm engineering (graph, visualization, compression etc.)
- Experience with Microbenchmarking (JMH), JVM profiling (Java Flight Recorder) and a deep understanding of memory hierarchies and efficient use of multi-core environments
- Familiarity with at least one of these areas: linear algebra, graph theory, or statistics and probability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or another related field
Nice to have:
- Experience with Cypher and Neo4j
- Experience with polyglot runtimes
- Experience with Machine Learning or OLAP in a mission-critical environment
- Experience with Spark or other Big Data technologies
- Worked on an Open Source or Open Core software project
- Experience working with agile practices in a distributed team
Our team is spread over several locations so you should be comfortable working as part of a distributed team.
At Neo4j we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships between people, processes, locations and systems. We create, drive, and are at the forefront of innovation in the Graph Database category; and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
We are here to stay:
Neo4j is well-funded with a recent series E round of $80M, led by Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital, and One Peak Partners. Creandum, the earliest investor in Spotify, is a long-term Neo4j investor.
We have over 300 customers including Airbus, Comcast, eBay, NASA, UBS, and Walmart; more than 75% of the Fortune 100 have used Neo4j.