ForeFlight is looking for a motivated web engineer to join our development team. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining our web based applications. Various elements of the site will include presenting various types of aeronautical data, and communicating with back-end web services.
The successful applicant will be working closely with our team of frontend and backend Software Developers as well as Graphic Designers to create customer facing features for our web platform.
This position is based in Houston, TX. A pilot-coder, or individual looking to pursue his or her private pilot license, is a plus. Benefits include medical insurance, 401K with matching, and flight training reimbursement.
- University Graduate in Computer Science degree or comparable work experience.
- Strong experience with ReactJS and the React ecosystem
- Background in developing web applications and front end APIs for client–server architectures
- Understanding of good object oriented software design
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Works well in a team environment and individually
- Solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and peer code-reviews
- Able to adapt to a fast paced dynamic environment
- High sense of quality and polish
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Performance based bonuses.
- Flight training reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best-selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known for our exceptional software user interface design and responsive, knowledgeable customer support team. ForeFlight Mobile, our flagship application, was named Aviation Consumer's 2011 App of the Year and received Flying Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for 2011, 2012, and 2013.
We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. We love shipping! Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, Clemson, and more!