Effective learning is active, not passive. Brilliant
helps over 9 million members around the world master concepts in math, science, and engineering by solving fun, challenging problems. To understand more about our approach, read our principles
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers Page
As a STEM Content Moderator, you will ensure that everyone on Brilliant has an inspiring experience by moderating community discussions and addressing content feedback and reports. You'll work alongside world-class content creators to imagine and build an ideal learning experience for millions of users around the world.
Specifically, you will:
- Moderate online problem-solving discussions: removing non-constructive posts, encouraging constructive posts, and guiding discussion through scaffolding
- Apply your STEM skills to drive discussion with follow-up questions and further areas of research
- Proactively respond to reports and questions made by users
- Be an ambassador for the Brilliant brand, encouraging thoughtful engagement with STEM
- Work with content creators to improve existing content, based on user feedback
This is a remote work position.
Who are you?
- Have a strong grounding in mathematics, physics, or computer science. Ideally your strengths extend beyond the traditional curricular journey, and span multiple subjects.
- Have an excellent sense of what makes an explanation great. Teaching experience is an added (but not required) bonus.
- Are knowledgeable about active learning (learning by doing, instead of listening to lectures)
- Excellent communicator, able to meet a learner at their level through a written medium
- Have an exceptionally strong command of English grammar and usage
- Master of LaTeX
- Have a strong sense of responsibility
- Are available to work a minimum of 10 hours per week
To land an interview, please include (in addition to your resume):
- Part 1: What experience do you have teaching, tutoring, or writing about mathematics, physics, or computer science? If you have any examples, please share them!
- Part 2: Choose a Daily Challenge and read the community discussion. How would you approach moderating this discussion to give a wide array of users the best experience possible? Give concrete examples of posts you'd delete, posts you'd promote, discussions you'd like to spark, etc.